Re: A Library for Converting Data to and from C Structs for Lua

On Nov 17, 11:02pm, Marc Balmer wrote:
} Am 17.11.13 20:40, schrieb Lourival Vieira Neto:
} > On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM, David Holland
<dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
} >> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 01:32:03PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
} >>  > >I plan to import it and to make it available to both lua(1) and lua(4)
} >>  >
} >>  > I wonder if we really need to get all this into NetBSD,
} >>  > instead of moving it to pkgsrc somehow.
} >>
} >> This...
} >
} > I think that would be nice to have Lua kernel modules in pkgsrc, if
possible.
}
} No, I don't think so.  They interact to much with the system, they need
} to be part of the system.

     Uh, no.  The whole idea behind modules clearly means being
able to use third party code.  We should be able to have modules
in pkgsrc.  There are no modules in pkgsrc yet, but that's just a
matter of figuring out the best way to do it.  There is no reason
why all modules must be included with the system.

}-- End of excerpt from Marc Balmer