Re: removing rcs?

  FreeBSD just removed RCS from base[1].

  Is there a reason to keep it in NetBSD?

  There's pkgsrc/devel/rcs for those who really want it,
  and cvs is still in NetBSD base, so another SCM is available.

I lean to not removing it, unless it's really causing problems, which it
doesn't seem to do.  The binaries are tiny by modern standards, on the
order of 64K of text on i386.

FWIW, I still use rcs from base at least weekly.

Is there a proposal for /var/backups?   I realize some people use hg or
git or something else for config files, but we'd either need to propose
a different /var/backups mechanism or to withdraw it.

It seems like there's a lot of things that could go first, like dhcp
server, named, postfix, csh, ksh, and probably more.