Re: st_dev and st_ino addition to mtree(8) spec

Le 19/06/13 15:35, Joerg Sonnenberger a écrit :
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:33:26AM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
The attached small patch implements two new keywords within
mtree(8): "devid" and "inode".

I'm not sure I like that since it is IMO not that useful.

Agreed, its use is limited. However there is still a small use for it, as I cannot resolve hard links with the current spec, whereas soft links can (via "link").

 I was
considering adding hardlink resolution in the libarchive mtree writer,
but ended up not doing that due to lack of support in the mtree format
at the time. It would be trivial to extend it to do that and would cover
this problem much mor edirectly.

Hmm I am not following you, it is basically what I am trying to do here: extend the mtree format so it can handle them.

Are you talking about another mtree spec implementation that is part of libarchive, and not src/usr.sbin/mtree? That sounds interesting because I modified mtree(8) to be used as a library for manipulation through other langages (work is stored in a local repo though), but that is not needed anymore if libarchive can generate one easily.

It is weird to have two different mtree writers implemented separately though.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
The NetBSD Foundation