radiusd: Error detected by libpthread: Invalid mutex.

I just updated from pkgsrc-2012Q4 to -2013Q1, and now FreeRADIUS fails with

        radiusd: Error detected by libpthread: Invalid mutex.

There was no update to freeradius2 from 2012Q4 to 2013Q1, and indeed reverting
to the old package doesn't help.
So the issue is probably with one of the packages it depends on, i.e. perl,
gdbm, openldap-client, net-snmp or libltdl. I haven't tried to revert these yet.

It does help to start radiud single-threaded (-s), though.

Any ideas how to debug this? Does it ring a bell to someone?