Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

In article <20130326152706.GA21469%britannica.bec.de@localhost>,
Joerg Sonnenberger  <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 03:22:33PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>> - sendmail took a long time to die before it was replaced with postfix.
>>   being patient and conservative pays off usually because the transition
>>   is less painful. I've had two people who's configuration did not work
>>   with dhcpcd and worked with dhclient and I am working with them to
>>   fix it. I think that it is appropriate to include dhclient in the
>>   next formal release, and announce that this is the last release where
>>   we will ship it, to give a chance to people to upgrade.
>
>I don't see the point in waiting for yet another release cycle. Everyone
>can already test out dhcpcd and slowly adopt existing configurations in
>netbsd-5 and netbsd-6. So people do have the change to upgrade already.

Sorry I was not explicit enough; there are two cases that I know of where
dhcpcd somehow configures an alias address instead of the primary one, and
that breaks things. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. In the past we
have announced the deprecation of a feature in a formal release before its
actual removal.

christos