Re: launchd port: Worth it?

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 07:55:33 +0900 Joerg Sonnenberger

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 02:01:38PM -0400, Aaron B. wrote:
> > Existing /etc/rc.d contains all the information a supervisor daemon
> > needs, and rcorder(8) contains all the code we need to parse it. The
> > only exception is if a service is enabled or disabled, and a simple
> > statefile can handle that.
> Not really. There are issues with cyclic dependencies that aren't dealt
> with very well in the current world.

I have to admit I'm not familiar with the issues you are describing. I can
easily see how a dependency cycle can happen by accident or by design, but how
often does someone run into this?

I still think my idea has merit: It may be no better then what currently exists
in that respect, but adds a significant feature with only minimal disruption.
Anything that fixes a dependency cycle in the current boot scripts should also
apply to a service supervisor.