Re: fixing libpthread noload, another approach

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 12:30:57PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 11:20:58AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > But I understand you prefer the fake libpthread approach.
>
> My understanding is that basically everyone besides you would prefer to keep
> things exactly as they are now.

Everyone prefers software that used to work to stop working, and for
software that never worked to fail late for obscure reasons instead of
early for clear reasons?  Maybe that is the prevailing view among the
developers who specialize in dynamic linker/libpthread esoterica, but
among the community generally?  I don't think so! :-)

Dave

--
David Young
dyoung%pobox.com@localhost    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981