Re: fixing libpthread noload, another approach

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 10:22:04AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 02:37:38AM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > The problem is thatlibgobject also embed thread-related stuff, but are
> > you going to tell GNOME people what features they should fold in their
> > libaries because of
>
> No, but I flatly will not believe a PAM module using libgobject has been
> properly audited. It probably would have better been rewritten in C++
> using std::map and friends ;-)

They use list, slist, hash, and string functions. I agree it is always
possible to wreck an implementation, but there is no reason why that one
should be worse than something else.

Anyway, nobody is going to rewrite liblasso to work around a NetBSD
regression. And we cill encounter the same problem somewhere else (we
already got it for OpenSC, for instance), therefore it would be nice to
have a generic fix.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost