Return Value of realloc(3)

Hi All,

What should be the expected return value of realloc(3) in case you ask
it to allocate 0 bytes ?

As per the standard
<http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009696899/functions/realloc.html>
it should either return NULL or a pointer which can be passed to
free(). By running some tests, it appears that on NetBSD it is the
latter case. Is this correct?

If this is the case, then I think it should be clearly documented in
the man page. FWIW on GNU/Linux, it appears that the default bevahiour
is to return NULL in case the requested size is 0 bytes (and it is
documented).

The attached patch should do the needful (I hope) :-)
(While there, also fix a typo in malloc.c).

Regards
Abhinav