Re: ancient less, bug, git

On 12/23/12 5:00 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
   From:        Junio C Hamano <gitster%pobox.com@localhost>
   Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v1.8.1-rc3
   To:  git%vger.kernel.org@localhost
   Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 18:53:29 -0800 (10 hours, 4 minutes, 38 seconds ago)

   A release candidate Git v1.8.1-rc3 is now available for testing
   at the usual places.

    * We used to have a workaround for a bug in ancient "less" that
      causes it to exit without any output when the terminal is resized.
      The bug has been fixed in "less" version 406 (June 2007), and the
      workaround has been removed in this release.

In netbsd-5, less is version 394.  I believe I've seen the bug.  In
netbsd-6, less is 444.

Maybe prepare a pullup request to get 444 into netbsd 5.3?

+j