Re: suenv

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 06:08:37PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 04:31:52PM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > Opinions?
>
> Either PAM modules should not be allowed to use shared libraries that
> use pthreads, or we need to make sure every application using PAM is
> linked against libpthread.

I have been wondering about the latter.  Most direct users of the PAM
interfaces are either quite small or already threaded, I think.  This might
almost agitate for forcing the issue by moving the PAM interfaces to
libpthread, or to a separate library that depends explicitly on libpthread!

However, doesn't libc code also call into the PAM stuff?

Thor