wscons russification

Hello all.

I don't sure which mail-list to use(conf file editing is userlevel related,
/dev is kern related).

I'm trying to configure the wscons to use KOI8-R encoding.

First of all I dumped fonts (vt220l.816 and vt220h.816) and I did not find any
differences in their structure. I don't need the VESA video modes thus I don't
need to resompile the kernel with WSCONS_SUPPORT_PCVTFONTS as suggested from
/etc/wscons.conf:

# Note: "pcvt" encoded fonts are only useful with the "*bf" screen types
#  of the "vga" driver. The kernel must be compiled with the option
#  "WSCONS_SUPPORT_PCVTFONTS" turned on. See vga(4).

I just downloaded FreeBSD's
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/share/syscons/fonts/koi8-r-8x16.fnt,
dumped it and found it has structure like vt220h.816.

Thus I load it from /etc/wscons.conf via:

# /etc/wscons.conf add-on
font ibm - 16 iso /usr/share/wscons/fonts/koi8r.816
# end add-on

and

# /etc/wscons.conf add-on
setvar ttyEx font ibm
# end add-on

It works perfectly. I've had koi8-r encoded file and I see it in right encoding
via "more" command.

Question 1: Are there any legal issues on FreeBSD's font adding into NetBSD's
repository? If No I could make the patch.

The NetBSD's keymap file doesn't work. I have:

# /etc/wscons.conf add-on
mapfile=/usr/share/wscons/keymaps/pckbd.ru.koi8-r
# end add-on

but "wsconsctl -a" shows:

encoding=us

and "wsconsctl map" doesn't show the third and forth colomns which exist in the
keymap file.

I tried by root:

# wsconsctl -w encoding=ru

which generates:

wsconsctl: WSKBDIO_SETENCODING: Invalid argument

grepping shows WSKBDIO_SETENCODING in the /usr/src/dev/wscons/wskbd.c, the code
is trying to load keymapping as I understood at glance.

Question 2: Is that error produced by non-exist binding between wskbd.ru.koi8-r
file and "ru" keyword or by bad data in the wskdb.ru.koi8-r file itself? I've
not found the answer on this question by myself.

BTW meta key (Alt) works but keycodes are different from desired. I'm sure that
wskbd.ru.koi8-r have to be recreated, but I need that wsconsctl could load it
anyway.

Best wishes,
--
ynzo