Re: individual software releases for third parties

> What do you think? Please share your thoughts on how we can organize this
> including technical aspects.

One more example of how NetBSD tools may become portable without
autotools.

http://mova.org/~cheusov/pub/mk-c/nbstat/

This is NetBSD's stat(1) adapted for Darwin, Linux and Solaris (of
course it is still compilable under NetBSD).  There you'll find a
tarball with git repo where my commits are visible.  Bear in mind this
is not a rock solid project, my only goal was to make it compilable and
runable under foreign OSes. I only slightly tested it and it worked for
me.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.