Re: global full-text search for NetBSD

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 03:40:44PM -0600, David Young wrote:
> What with the arrival of SQLite w/ FTS support and the new apropos in
> the base system, I'm eager to see NetBSD keep up the momentum and sprout
> a global full-text search similar to Spotlight on the Macintosh and
> whatever it is that Windows does today.
>
> On the Mac, I use Spotlight to switch applications and to find

On the Mac, I disable everything that even remotely smells of
Spotlight in the interest of preserving disk lifetime and vaguely
predictable performance, as well as not caching potentially sensitive
data outside of the files I already know it to be in.

Dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks, I guess.

Thor