Re: make: should -j affect cwd?

> # pwd
> /usr/src/lib/libc
> # time make -n > /dev/null
> 1.408u 0.470s 0:01.87 100.0%    0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w
> #

> That's a pretty fast amd64.  The fact that it takes a measurable
> amount of time means it's really damn slow on a vintage box.

Unless stat results for everything relevant were already in core, I
suspect that's dominated by waiting for disk, in which case it may not
be all that much slower on a vintage box, assuming of course the
vintage box has a decent disk interface; even my slow machines often
have spare CPU cycles when doing that kind of workload.

\ / Ribbon Campaign