Re: Adding asm examples

On 11/14/11 10:32 PM, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
Julio Merino<jmmv%netbsd.org@localhost>  wrote:
Exactly my point.  I could also RTFS of things people have pointed out,
but that's not my idea of "learner-friendly" material; specially for a
complete newbie in a topic.

I understand your enthusiasm, but I still don't think teaching
complete newbies assembly programming to be something that netbsd
should consider a useful goal.

Especially so when the examples you
choose are hardly "learner-friendly".

As I have mentioned countless times already: the particular example I posted is poor, precisely due to my lack of knowledge on the area. It can (and will, according to the suggestions already in the thread) be fixed to be more representative, so please stop looking at that example.

See? If I could have looked at something, I'd not have made those mistakes, but I did them because I looked at the "wrong example" online. How could I know that creating a libc-less program was stupid? How could I know it was "look ma, no libc"-cool? By the way, making fun of people does not seem like a good way to convince them that they are wrong; it's just gonna piss them off.

As I said, you are not helping any newbies, yourself included,

Why do you keep assuming that this is useless, including to myself? How can you decide what I can find or cannot find useful? It may be useless to you, but I'd have found it extremely helpful if it had been there... just as the example code I found online did (although it pushed me in the wrong direction, because it is not reviewed).