Re: Adding asm examples

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 03:34:08AM +0000, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> If I squint at it just the right way I can, in principle, see the
> purpose of the specific example you committed *provided* that there
> are also a MI man page on our ELF notes and arch-specific SYS(2) pages
> on syscall ABI (lib/libc/arch/*/SYS.h).  But your example as committed
> fails to even use symbolic note and syscall names that netbsd headers
> do provide!

In fact, I find this more harmful. It is exactly the kind of dependency
we don't want to have. It makes people believe that randomly changing
the startup code is a supported configuration etc. There are other
issues, like adding yet another place where code changes with the kernel
version without good reason etc.

Joerg