Re: make: new modifyer :Y

> [..]

 >> Find the patch in the attachment. Objections?

> Do we really need this non standard make change?

"non standard"? Can you explain?

> And where do you want to use it, only in baserc or in pkgsrc too?
> The later is an issue since we generaly use the native NetBSD make and
> so you could only use this feature once a release with that feature
> is out for all supported NetBSD versions.

First, we can use :Y in current as soon it is integrated to the tree.
Second, bmake, portable variant of NetBSD make, is very interesting and
featureful make clone that may interest people outside
NetBSD. Personally, I would like to use :Y in my devel/mk-configure
project. mk-configure is a bmake-based build and configuration system
(replacement for autotools) friendly to BSD developers.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.