Re: fs-independent quotas

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 09:41:25PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > I don't see that you can do anything with an unmounted filesystem in
> > repquota. Unless the quota files for the filesystem are on a different
> > (and mounted) volume, it won't be able to read them, and it doesn't
> > have any code to mount the filesystem temporarily to do that.
>
> Hum, you're right, it seems I broke this. I'll have a look at fixing
> it, it's a bug.

I just remembered, there's another reasons why requota reads the quota
file directly: I didn't implement the getall command for ffs-quota1.
It has nothing to do with xml or filesystem-independant code :)
it's just I didn't know (and still don't know) how to properly read
a whole file, especially when it's sparce, from the kernel.
I could try a dqget for the 2^21-1 ids, but there's probably a better
way to do that.
I guess I could find the hupper bound from the quota vnode's size.
Maybe that would be enough ...