Re: Lua modules, paths, man pages etc.

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Marc Balmer wrote:

> Installation location.
>
> Lua modules have to be installed in /usr/lib/lua/5.1/ (assuming Lua
> 5.1).

5.2 is I understand close to release, do you have a plan to upgrade our
tree version to that?  It might put off the compat issues if we had 5.2 in
tree before creating "5.1" directories..

(we should also have a /usr/share/lua/5.1, since the binary looks there)

alternatively, I wonder if dropping the version number is better?  My
reasoning being, that the in-tree version uses the in-tree directories,
and if you installed a later version under eg /usr/local then it would be
looking in /usr/local/lib/lua/5.3 (ditto for pkgsrc) for its modules..?

iain