Re: HEADS-UP: prop_{array,dictionary}_send_syscall(3) incompatible change in -current

Hi all,

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 12:43:52AM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

> A few days ago, François Tigeot reported an API inconsistency with
> the new prop_*_send/recv_syscall functions: their man pages
> indicated that they should return a boolean to indicate
> success/failure, yet their implementation was done differently.
[...]
> Given prior art with the prop_*_{send,recv}_ioctl(3) functions, I
> adopted the same convention for these new functions: return an int,
> with 0 being "no error" and "!= 0" indicating error (with errno
> set).

Many thanks for updating proplib so fast.

I am preparing an update of the proplib version included in DragonFly,
and I've also noticed the prop_dictionary_mutable() function is not
implemented.

It has locally been commented out from headers and documentation.

--
Francois Tigeot