Re: Patch: Use fstab different to /etc/fstab in fstab.h

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 03:56:50PM +0200, Julian Fagir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in a case where it would be useful to read a fstab that is not the system's
> own one (sysinst), i.e. lies not /etc/fstab, you can't do that with fstab.h.
>
> The solution would be to have a function setfstab(const char*) do set the
> fstab you want to read. The code is about 20 lines of additional code + some
> documentation.

I don't think this is the right way.  What if sysinst (or some future
installer or partition editor) became multi-threaded?

I think it would be better to reimplement the functions that use fstab
in terms of new _r variants that take an explicit fstab argument.