Re: xdrproc_t prototype

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:21:31AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> > It certainly can work in the sense of "the code runs and does what is
> > intended".  However, David is right in that it will be depending on
> > something the language does not promise and thus is liable to break on
> > some of our ports - or on the next compiler release for this one
> > (whichever "this one" is).
>
> Yeah, "can not work" was overworded. But:
> We have actually seen it break, IIRC, in similar context (on amd64?)

Ok I will investigate non-vararg prototype for xdrproc_t

So far I only found one place where an xdrproc_t was called, which was
using two arguments, so (XDR *, const char *) would work fine. I don't
know what the point of providing a function with three args would be,
unless it is possible to replace the handler that does the callback.

iain