Re: Extended attributes and archives (tar, cpio, mpax, makefs...)

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 01:12:51PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> It may be desirable to save extended attributes in archives, at least
> if that does not change the format. I am not planning to work on it
> right now, but it would be nice to have a clear idea of EA status.

And I forgot an important thing: dump/restore

Quick summary so far:
cp, mv: done
libarchive (cpio, tar), rsync (from pkgsrc): needs to be enabled
pax, rcp, scp, makefs, dump, restore: needs to be implemented

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost