Re: Remote pid with SOCK_DGRAM local socket

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 02:16:00PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
 > Since NetBSD won't reuse a pid immediately, a slightly stale pid number
 > is almost certainly not a problem.

...for ever-decreasing values of "not immediately". It doesn't take
that long to cycle through 32768 processes any more, and I think we're
pretty soon going to have to take the plunge and go to 32-bit pids.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost