Re: Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) and NetBSD

> Solaris has had /var for some time.  That one seems to be somewhat
> standard.

And rightly so; it's something BSD needed.

>> - /netbsd, well, the canonical kernel was /vmunix back then, but I
>>   think that one can be waved off. :)
> /unix for the AT&T world; /vmunix is a BSDism.  Albeit, Solaris has
> /kernel/genunix.

And I think IRIX called it /irix, though that memory is _really_ fuzzy.
I'm fairly sure there's at least one other vendor variant whose default
kernel name is a slight tweak on their name for their OS (like
IRIX->/irix).

\ / Ribbon Campaign