Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) and NetBSD

(Sorry if this isn't the proper list for this discussion. If not, please point me in the right direction.)

The Linux Foundation's LSB workgroup has taken over maintenance of the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard, and is working on a number of updates needed since its last release in 2004.

Despite all the "Linux" in the names above, we're wanting to make sure that the FHS remains independent of any particular UNIX implementation, and continues to be useful to non-Linux UNIXes.

My question to you is: do you consider the FHS to be relevant to current and future development of NetBSD? If not, is this simply due to lack of maintenance; would your interest in the FHS be greater with more consistent updates?

If you are interested, consider this an invitation to participate. We've set up a mailing list, Web site, etc., and are reviving the old bug tracker. More details can be found here:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb/fhs