Re: sqlite/Heimdal.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 09:56:00AM +0100, Roland C. Dowdeswell wrote:
> I am in the process of upgrading Heimdal in base.  It turns out
> that Heimdal now requires sqlite3 and includes its own version of
> same.  I think that it would be more general utility to import
> sqlite3 independently, though, and would like to start a discussion
> about doing it.
>
> The license on sqlite3 is public domain.
>
> It has no dependencies beyond -lc and -lphtread.  The package is
> one (rather large) C file, two headers and some autoconf goo only.
> And so it should be relatively easy to maintain and upgrade.
>
> More information about sqlite3 can be found at http://sqlite.org/

+1 importing sqlite3

I've always liked sqlite and I've been doing a lot of development with it
lately at work and it is just a very nice product (and well tested, too!).
While it is designed as an embedded database, I think it is strong enough to
take care of the vast majority of database needs (i.e., not many need the
added benefits of a Postgres or the like).

--
Christopher Berardi
http://www.natoufa.com/

Be still, and know that I am God (Psalms 46:10)