[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: Autoconfiguring root device and fstab(5) (wedges?)
Jean-Yves Migeon writes:
- If you believe that GPT support inside sysinst is easy to add, I would
- prefer to do it that way. Sadly, I spent this late afternoon trying to
- make it work (using mishka's tutorial ), but I never managed to get
- past the "Error No /boot" from fatboot.S with QEMU. Looks like the
- primary stage bootloader fails looking for /boot in the EFI partition :/
I was mucking about with buildign a GPT bootable system, and
found that I wasn't able to make an EFI partition work..
However, telling the gptmbr code to boot to a UFS partition
I've currently got a raidframe-1 partition running on a pair of
GPT partitioned drives, and it boots and runs nicely as a Xen
DOM0 (on a Sun X2200M2)
-  http://www.netbsd.org/~mishka/gptboot/howto.html
Yes, this seems a bit out of date, sadly.
Eric Schnoebelen eric%cirr.com@localhost
Life is hard but the root password helps.
- seen on the misc@ OpenBSD mailing list
Main Index |
Thread Index |