Re: Rumpification (was Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/envstat)

On Dec 14, 11:46pm, pooka%cs.hut.fi@localhost (Antti Kantee) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Rumpification (was Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/envstat)

| > Rump can because it can look at the arguments.
|
| I used that as the very first example in this thread.  How can it possibly
| tell apart two calls to socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0) where one needs
| to be handled by the rump kernel and another by the host?

I don't see why one would need to handle identical calls differently, but
it can check the context which is has been called. I.e. if it is the
nth call with such arguments, or if a variable of the program has been
set to someting, or it can check the call stack. There are various ways.

christos