Re: humanize_number(3) for dd(1) summary?

> I can mimic what ls(1), df(1), du(1), ... do and add a "-h" flag to
> have a "human readable" summary.

I think adding "-"-prefixed flags to dd would be very very wrong.

If you really want to make this controllable but don't like conv=, I'd
add something like a flag= argument which works like conv= but controls
non-conversion behaviour.

But I'm not sure conv= is wrong.  It has noerror and notrunc already,
which while related to data copying are not quite conversions in the
usual sense....

\ / Ribbon Campaign