Re: Proposed addition of strcodecs(3) library - review requested

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:28:27PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 03:32:55AM +0200, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> >
> > This is a request for peer review for the addition of a new library,
> > strcodecs(3), to the repository.  It adds a consistent framework for a
> > lot of the string and data transformations we already have, and a lot
> > more new ones.
>
> Why "str"?  Many of the included codecs appear to operate just fine on
> arbitrary binary data.

No real reason, that was just the name I started out with and it
stuck in my mind and version control tree.

I'm not wedded to the "str" prefix, and, you're right, it'd be good
to get rid of it - I'll re-do it as "codecs(3)".

Thanks,
Alistair