Re: Proposed addition of strcodecs(3) library - review requested

On 09/18/10 03:32, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> This is a request for peer review for the addition of a new library,
> strcodecs(3), to the repository.  It adds a consistent framework for a
> lot of the string and data transformations we already have, and a lot
> more new ones.
>
> The latest version can be found at:
>
>       http://www.netbsd.org/~agc/strcodecs-20100917.tgz
>
> If anyone has used python, this is similar to their codecs. It's
> in library format, and can be used by other scripting languages,
> and from the command line via strcodecs(1).
>
> I've appended the manual pages to this email.
>
> I've also included a minimal version of an atf test in here - it's my
> first one, please be gentle - and the full tests are in the
> strcodecs(1) Makefile.

Would it be part of libnetpgp, or become an independant lib that can be
used by other binaries, like cksum(1)?

Given that strcodecs(3) and libcrypto share some functionalities, isn't
there a risk of (symbol) collisions?

(just wondering -- I am not aware of all the implementation details)

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost