Re: datagram vs stream sockets

der Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> The only options I see offhand that preserve API-level compatability
> are (1) do a driver along the /dev/fuse lines ourselves and (2) arrange
> for something like SOCK_SEQPACKET to work in AF_LOCAL, then use that.

Indeed, SOCK_SEQPACKET seems the way to go. It provides the desired
semantics, and adding this to the NetBSD kernel fills a long standing
missing functionnality. Moreover, the work asalready been done! Anyone
knows why this patch from 2003 was not integrated?
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2003/04/14/0006.html

BTW,

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus