gnu gettext binaries contain ${DESTDIR} references

Hi,

I noticed this when building lynx:

  msginit --no-translator -l en -i lynx.pot
  /bin/sh: Can't open /usr/obj/sun3/build/usr/share/gettext/project-id
  msginit: /usr/obj/sun3/build/usr/share/gettext/project-id subprocess I/O error

which is because I built to an object directory tree and

  src/gnu/usr.bin/gettext/msginit/Makefile

contains:

  CPPFLAGS+=-DLIBDIR=\"${DESTDIR}/usr/share\" \
      -DPROJECTSDIR=\"${DESTDIR}/usr/share\" \
      -DLOCALE_ALIAS_PATH=\"${DESTDIR}/usr/share/locale\"

(src/gnu/usr.bin/gettext/libnlspr/Makefile also contains DESTDIR references).
If we removed the DESTDIR references from the Makefiles, we would still see
an error, because no /usr/share/gettext exists (at least on 5*), which is
where msginit expects the project-id script to live.

Should we remove the DESTDIR references, install the project-id script, both
or neither?

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/