Re: RFC: boot images config. file format

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:19:39 -0500
David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:

> syspkgs       kdc     etc-sys-etc
> syspkgs       kdc     etc-net-etc
> syspkgs       kdc     etc-sysutil-etc

I like the format in general, and think this looks very promising.
I've been wondering if it'd not also be nice to add support for lists,
so that such statements could alternatively be described more concisely:

syspkgs kdc <package>
syspkgs kdc {
 <package>
 <package>
}

Possibly that <files> and a few others could also benefit from list
support.  Of course this is an example and the syntax could be
different, like maybe:

syspkgs <listname> <syspkg-regex>*
or
syspkgs <listname> {<syspkg-regex> | list <syspkg-regex>*}
or
syspkg <listname> <syspkg-regex>
syspkgs <listname> <syspkg-regex>*

However, I personally appreciate that the current syntax is cleaner
than XML, even if using the later would have easily allowed list
support.

Thanks,
--
Matt