Re: RFC: Constant Database Support

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 05:04:17PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Remaining requestion is what to do with old statically linked binaries.
> I'm not too found of keeping the legacy support in services_mkdb and the
> old files remain valid. Comments?

Third iteration. services_mkdb(8) has a new argument to decide what
output format to create, defaulting to cdb. Use the fast_divide32,
dropping lookup performance for getservbyport(3) by 10% on my Core2.

Patch can be found at http://www.netbsd.org/~joerg/cdb+services.diff

Numbers have been posted yesterday for lookup performance. Any other
concerns that have not been addressed?

Joerg