Re: Package automation in /etc/daily

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 04:56:48PM +0000, Julio Merino wrote:
>> I constantly set PKG_DBDIR in /etc/profile in all my installs because
>> the /var/db/pkg value is broken.  And I want this to "just work".
>
> And it is broken because? Nothing stops you from making /var/db/pkg a
> symlink to /etc/profile.

We have argued that many times in the archives so I'm not going to
repeat it here.  Anyway: it's my choice to change the value (otherwise
such tuneability wouldn't exist), so the scenario should be supported
and work with minimum hassle.

--
Julio Merino