Exceptions in C

Hi, I'm developing multithreaded code, where the nesting of functions gets quite deep and complicated. I'm looking into developing a small set routines to support exceptions in C. So instead of propagating error codes from one function to another, a function would simply raise an exception and a handler would handle it.

Before I start reinventing a wheel, does anyone know if there is already an API for doing this sort of thing, either in libc or some other library?