Re: Ported libieee1284 to NetBSD

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:24:29PM -0400, Jacques Pelletier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I submitted a patch to the libieee1284 team at sourceforge for compiling
> their
> library on NetBSD.
>
> It seems to work, but negotiation fails. The same hardware and BIOS settings
> works under Slakware.
>
> Any ideas?

Don't use <machine/pio.h> it was decreed that this is a kernel-private
iterface.  Additionally, it'd probably be better to use libi386/libx86_64
and (i386|x86_64)_iopl() rather than doing the syscall yourself.

However, I'm not sure if this will fix your problem.

Also, NetBSD has a FreeBSD-like atppc/ppbus driver similar to that in
FreeBSD, if that's of any use to you.

        Jonathan Kollasch