Re: pkgsrc RC scripts

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:46:20 -0500 (CDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:

> Am I the only one that appreciates these messages? It seems like a
> simple reminder that I have a rc.d script that I should consider looking
> at.

I also use those warnings the same way, so I find them useful.  It also
tells me exactly the name of the variable to add, instead of me having
to look up rc.conf(5) which often isn't up to date (and obviously
doesn't contain pkgsrc related info), or having to go read the rc
script...

A possibility would be to optionally allow turning those warnings off
for those that are annoyed?
--
Matt