Re: pkgsrc RC scripts

On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 03:43:24PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 11:48:11PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I am consider to make the RC script support in pkgsrc a bit more useful
> > out of the box with the following changes:
> >
> > (1) Install pkgsrc RC scripts by default into /etc/rc.pkg.d, not
> > /etc/rc.d and adjust the default value for rc_directories accordingly.
> > This keeps the logical separation between base and pkgsrc RC scripts
> > and still allows /usr (or /usr/pkg) to be on a separate filesystem.
>

> Sounds like a good plan.  How will you handle duplicated rc.d scripts,
> eg. /etc/rc.d/sshd vs. /etc/rc.pkg.d/sshd if sshd=yes in /etc/rc.conf?

ATM, it is not handled. I think the best approach for this is to add a
simple configuration file for rcorder to select one provider of a given
script. E.g. something like

/etc/rc.pkg.d/dhcpcd
/etc/rc.d/*

with first match wins. So the example would take the dhcpcd script from
pkgsrc and otherwise prefer the base scripts.

Joerg