Re: Changing fgetstr/fgetln to use getdelim

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 16:51:05 +0100
Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> wrote:

> One thing I did notice though is that __slbexpand expands the buffer on
> upto a size_t, but the place holder on the struct is only an int and
> doesn't have any bounds checking. Surely this is a potential overflow?

I didn't check the whole file (only the diff), but it appears that the
old expand code added more bytes than requested, possibly in attempt
not to realloc(3) too often.  A common practice is to simply double the
buffer for better performance, although this might be overkill.

Thanks,
--
Matt