yacc and pure parsers

I have not found much about this in the mailing lists, Gnats or the
source code, so I'm asking here (hope this is the right mailing list):
has there been any work in implementing some kind of reentrant parser
generation for yacc(1), similar to GNU Bison's %pure-parser?

Or is there any reason such a feature would not be needed/wanted?
I personally think it's nice since it makes for easier embedding into
other programs and libraries.

Nhat Minh