Re: CVS commit: src/etc/rc.d

Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre%netbsd.ch@localhost> writes:

>> > Don't do what?
>>
>> Don't do the DNS signature generation at the same moment that you bring
>> up the name server to provide resolution services locally. There is no
>> reason that you have to do things that way (and in fact, there are a lot
>> of reasons not to.) BTW, I don't believe our current scripts are set up
>> to do that anyway, so this is moot.
>
> The zone provider has to generate a DNSSEC signature at the moment it
> signals people to reload the zone.

And why would it "have" to signal people to reload a zone that hadn't
changed?

You have to sign zone files when they change or when a signature
expires. You don't have to do it at boot time. You don't even have to do
it on the same machine that is serving the zones. I suggest reading the
manual.

Perry