Re: CVS commit: src/etc/rc.d

Adam Hamsik <haaaad%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
> Can I ask again where and who was asked for a review of this change ?

I think I've made it clear several times that I didn't ask for a review
and that I don't think any was needed. I will not be asking for review
before making similar changes in the future, either, because it would be
ridiculous to ask for review before fixing an obvious bug with a two
line patch.

Lets be absolutely clear here:
1) Before, if you turned on ntpdate with the distribution supplied
   configs, it failed.
2) Now, thanks to a trivial config change, it works correctly, with
   essentially no downside of any sort for people using more or less any
   configuration.

One would think that this was, say, a 500 line kernel change that broke
the networking stack instead of two lines of changes to shell scripts to
move named to start ahead of ntpdate.

This is the last I'm going to say on the matter. If you have further
objections to what I did, you can take it up with core, but I don't
expect they're going to say anything different.

Perry