Re: adding getdelim(3) and getline(3) to libc

Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:

Roy Marples <> wrote:
Our libc lacks getdelim(3) and getline(3) which are in POSIX IEEE Std 1003.1-2008

Attached is patch to add these fucntions and man page to our libc.
I've not extensively tested it, but it seems to work fine.

From quick glance, it seems that new POSIX getline() duplicates the old
BSD fgetln() functionality. Have you considered merging/sharing of code?

Yes, fgetln could be re-tooled around getline.
I'd just have to check how fgetln handles it buffers as more locking seems to happen there.