Re: Introducing the patchadd binary patch toolchain

Hi Tonnerre,

There are a number of people working on such tools, but yours sounds
further along than any of the others I've heard about. Well done - it
will be great to have this functionality.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 09:47:14PM +0200, Tonnerre Lombard wrote:
> [...]
> The tar file is not distributed as-is but as a bzip2 compressed OpenSSL
> binary file (.tbz) with detached signature (.tbz.sig). The command
>
>  openssl smime -sign -binary -outform PEM -signer signingkey.pem -in
>     patchname.tbz -out patchname.tbz.sig
>
> shall be used to produce the detached signature.

I'd really like it if we could use the existing web of trust, and our
netpgp (in -current) as an alternative means of verifying a signature.

Regards,
Alistair