dhcpd.leases and rough edges in a fresh install

hi folks,

this isn't critical at all and i'm not sure of whether or not we
even care to do anything about it. but i've notice it almost every
time I bring up a new server running dhcpd.

after installing a fresh netbsd system I usually bring up dhcpd. so
I configure rc.conf and run /etc/rc.d/dhcpd start and I always see:

/etc/rc.d/dhcpd: WARNING: /var/db/dhcpd.leases is not readable.

and then knowing from past experience what is going on I immediately
touch /var/db/dhcpd.leases

* first of all the message isn't quite right. it is true it isn't
  readable but only because it doesn't exist.
* second in the name of user-experience without rough edges I
  think having to manually touch this file is a minor but
  unecessary step.

I know this is very trivial.  do we care? is there a reason why
we don't just install an empty dhcpd.leases or create it if it
isn't found as a part of the rc script or <insert your favorite
solution here>?

comments?

of course i've spent more time writing this mail then I ever
will running touch /var/db/dhcpd.leases each time this happens
but that isn't the point.

tyler