Re: groff/-mandoc replacement (OT)

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:50:18PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> Is this property of .Lp documented anywhere?  I don't find it in either
> mdoc(7) or mdoc.samples(7) on one machine I have handy; on another,
> it's documented as an alternative name for .Pp, but without any remarks
> on the semantic difference mentioned in the double-quote above.

The only documentation is the alias part right now. Part of that is very
likely that noone wrote a backend for groff(1) that is smart enough to
make a difference. E.g. the current HTML output is horrible from various
points of few, but could clearly benefit from distinguishing between Pp
and Lp.

Joerg